Romantic Movies--Myy favoorriteeee



“Talking to you was like watching a romantic-comedy movie.”
Believe it or not, somebody actually told me that.
Just in case you don’t know yet, I’m a sucker for romantic-comedy flicks. I mean, deep, thought-provoking films .I have a thing for unanswered love stories.

I give you a list of my favourite quotes from some of my fave movies because I’m a pathetic loser like that.

“If you love someone you say it, you say it right then, out loud. Otherwise the moment just… passes you by.” - My Best Friend’s Wedding

This is one of my all-time favorites! I have seen this movie about 10 times already and cried every single time. When I was younger, I thought this quote meant that you shouldn’t be afraid to tell that person that you love him/her because 1) you never know if he/she feels the same way for you or 2) it might be too late already. Recently, however, I realized this meant that when you feel that thing in your heart, don’t keep it in. Eventually it might wear off and it won’t mean the same anymore even if you still say it.

Throwing up yet? No? Read on…

That thing, that moment, when you kiss someone and everything around becomes hazy and the only thing in focus is you and this person and you realize that that person is the only person that you’re supposed to kiss for the rest of your life, and for one moment you get this amazing gift and you want to laugh and you want to cry because you feel so lucky that you found it and so scared that that it will go away all at the same time.” - Never Been Kissed

The 10 Rules: 1. Don’t ask her to be feminine 2. Don’t let her drink over three glasses 3. Drink coffee instead of Coke/Juice 4. If she hits you, act like it hurts. If it hurts, act like it doesn’t 5. On your 100th day together, give her a rose during her class 6. Make sure you learn fencing and squash 7. Be prepared to go to prison sometimes 8. If she says she’ll kill you, don’t take it lightly 9. If her feet hurt, exchange shoes with her 10. She likes to write. Encourage her.” - My Sassy Girl

And last but not the least, the lines that made me ……. my eyes out on the first 3 minutes of a movie.

I’ve found almost everything ever written about love to be true. Shakespeare said “Journeys end in lovers meeting.” What an extraordinary thought. Personally, I have not experienced anything remotely close to that, but I am more than willing to believe Shakespeare had. I suppose I think about love more than anyone really should. I am constantly amazed by its sheer power to alter and define our lives. It was Shakespeare who also said “love is blind”. Now that is something I know to be true. For some quite inexplicably, love fades; for others love is simply lost. But then of course love can also be found, even if just for the night. And then, there’s another kind of love: the cruelest kind. The one that almost kills its victims. Its called unrequited love. Of that I am an expert. Most love stories are about people who fall in love with each other. But what about the rest of us? What about our stories, those of us who fall in love alone? We are the victims of the one sided affair. We are the cursed of the loved ones. We are the unloved ones, the walking wounded. The handicapped without the advantage of a great parking space! Yes, you are looking at one such individual. And I have willingly loved that man for over three miserable years! The absolute worst years of my life! The worst Christmas’, the worst Birthday’s, New Years Eve’s brought in by tears and valium. These years that I have been in love have been the darkest days of my life. All because I’ve been cursed by being in love with a man who does not and will not love me back. Oh god, just the sight of him! Heart pounding! Throat thickening! Absolutely can’t swallow! All the usual symptoms.” - The Holiday

BEST. INTRO. EVEEERRRR. I mean, WOW~~!!.

Yes, I heard you. I’m hopeless. I should watch more serial killer movies, don’t you think?

Comments

"M" said…
No no.. not hopeless.. I can understand coz m so like that as well.. even more so if you could believe... Btw i am on a romantic movie watching spree.. watched Ghost today and I recommend you watch it too.. :)
Jubin Desai said…
gri...this is superb...even i hav watrched my best frnds weeding so many times...its one of my fav romantic films too...the dialouue is also amazing...keep blogging...its fun to read
grishma said…
yes mans ..will surely watch Ghost :)
Ashraf said…
hehe....great stuff.... u know what Gri... the stuff u write is just amazing....
I'm not following rule no. 10... just saying the plain truth.... ;)

u might wanna watch notting hill sumtime ;)
grishma said…
yes , have watched notting hill several times and i love tht movie ..also roman holiday . superb. and many many more...

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to Grishma 10 years from now

Dadu, my only love. Will miss you

This Time - This time you will never get back