My-feel-good-activities !

You know when you go to someone's house and they make you dinner. You adore the food and ask for the recipe.
When you come home you try to make it yourself, ¨It's so easy to make, you can't go wrong¨- My mom keeps saying that to me.

You look at the recipe and the ingredients, yes you have everything at home. So you start preparing the food. It smells nice and you're thinking ¨hey it's not that difficult¨.

Then you set the table and ask the family to sit down so you can all enjoy this lovely dinner.

You put the morsel in the mouth - ¨What's this? This doesn't taste the same as what mom made¨.
And you realize it doesn't taste the same.

But it doesn't taste bad either, so you continue to eat and enjoy your meal.

I would dread writing initially when I started , I did not cook so often. So I was bad at both.

But when I tried writing ..i was surprised , I just wrote what I felt at the moment. I tried my hand at cooking and I was surprised too. I am not awesome at any , but I feel good at the end of the day when I write or cook something.

See that's the thing, writing is like cooking.

Even if you use the same ingredients it will taste different. The flavor will never be the same. Only similar. Unless you make it so many times that you finally get it right.

But what is right and what is wrong? And what would cooking or writing be if we all cooked and wrote the same?

I'll tell you what: Boring.

Don't try to copy someone else in what they do, be yourself. Taking an idea is fine , You cooking and writing is just as good as someone else's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to Grishma 10 years from now

Dadu, my only love. Will miss you

This Time - This time you will never get back