8th June 2010

A date I’ll never forget.

When I was a little girl, I dreamed of a wedding with a big white dress as seen in films. The guys would all look like Salman Khan, Aamir Khan to me.

My wedding was so much better than the dreamed up childhood one!

I was a summer early monsoon bride dressed all in red and white with gold and pearl stitching. I was covered in jewelry from head to foot (literally). My hands and feet were stained deep red in Mehendi and my Prince Charming was splendid in creamy white cotton with gold and red cloth to match my perfect wedding sari. All the relatives were dressed in gorgeous reds greens and earthy browns.

There were so many things that happened and so many wonderful memories that they are still all jumbled up in my brain and hard to fasten on any particular one.

I’m still amazed that I’m a WIFE! A wife to a perfect Husband!

There were so many times that I thought this day would never come, so many days that I sat and fretted about what would happen, if everything would go smoothly.
And all that fretting was all for naught. I’ve never felt more loved and happy!

All those things we read and hear about, all those little cares and worries we let take over our lives and stress out to the breaking point…once you get past them; they are like misty things that no longer touch our heart and minds. I sit here today, wondering what all the fuss was about. I did it! I made it happen! I had the perfect man to help me. The perfect families to guide, love and support me. The perfect friends to cheer me on and give me advice. And yet I still sat and fretted and worried myself into head aches and upset stomachs!
And every Bride does to some extent.

I’m still running around, busy with after marriage stuff. Getting things done…but things are starting to wind up, calm down a bit.

Once that happens, I will write a proper blog and fill you in on every step and every joy and everything.

Till then, take care of yourself and keep checking back!!!

Comments

Ashraf said…
wow gro... congrats once again... the newly wedded bride :)
hope u guys recorded the whole thing... :)

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to Grishma 10 years from now

Dadu, my only love. Will miss you

This Time - This time you will never get back