Punjabi Mela

This time I was in Punjab. It was a monumental trip for me. Not just because I was on “holiday”, but because I was in need of a shakeup both personally and professionally and Punjab took me by the shoulders and gave me a really good shake. I’m to share my “vacation ” with you to remember the images and feelings that effected me so deeply and helped me . This is only part of my time in my friends family’s home state of Punjab. The rest of my trip including Amritsar, the busy streets of Delhi and the farms of Punjab will come later. For now, it’s important to me to share my experiences.

I’ve been thinking about my trip more than usual because it was one of the best trips i have ever had. I love India and identify with my country my life & freedom would not be possible if I hadn’t made the journey out of their village to the New World.

I’m calling this blog My Punjabi Mela. There is no real story line, it’s just a sampling of some of the things I experienced over the course of a few days in Punjab. I traveled with friends, their families

Everyone wears the same thing, although different colours and embroidery and the hairstyle is the same for almost all. Most people eat a LOT…tones of milk products buttermilk, paneer ,milk, butter,rice, roti , parantha and sweets made usually from milk.

The hospitality and extension of generosity is amazing here. Even if I am not related to people, by mere association with a relative, I am embraced as family. This is heartwarming to say the least.

I made new friends , interesting one's , meet weird people , had fun , fought ( punjabily ). wow what a trip.
Punjab Feel.

Comments

Unknown said…
it looks like, you've got a story there, like ur almst about to begin...n almst reachd the last para, yet ur story neva did begin ;)
like ur takin so much abt the mela...so much abt smthng...

:P

kya hua gri ?
:P

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to Grishma 10 years from now

Dadu, my only love. Will miss you

This Time - This time you will never get back