Dadu, my only love. Will miss you

Until We Meet Again, dadu, I love you. 

A note to you, heartbroken one:

Today, we say our goodbyes to one of the most incredible men I have ever met in my entire life.

we feel the empty void very clearly. The head of the family is no longer here with us, He lived a good life a really good one I would say. Whatever he wished wanted has always come true. 

But we know that he is no longer in pain, and is now in a place that is more amazing than the best possible day here on Earth. We also know that this is just a temporary goodbye. We know we will see him again.

I wrote dadu a letter a couple of days ago. I process things and express myself best in writing, so this was my way of saying goodbye to him. I never want to forget this letter.

I love you, dadu .

I can’t believe I’m writing this letter to you.

I guess I never thought about what it would be like when you would no longer be here. You have always been such a key part of my life, and such a steadfast and healthy part; I never let myself consider what it might be like once you were no longer here with us.

And now that you are no longer on Earth with us anymore, I’m struggling to accept it.

I spent the last several hours looking through old photos.  it was amazing to see how many photos have you and bhabhi in them. So many. Dozens. You and bhabhi were a part of every important part of my life so far, and many mundane, everyday parts too.

I feel incredibly blessed that you and bhabhi are my grandparents. And I’m even more thankful that I was able to live so close to you and to be able to do so many things with you and bhabhi throughout the years, creating the awesome relationship that I have had with you two. Not everyone gets that. But I did. I had the best dadu  ever.

When you were in the hospital, I decided to make a list of memories, or things that I love about you. I don’t want to forget a single thing. Ever.

But thankfully, this isn’t the final goodbye.

Thankfully, we share the same faith that this isn’t the end. I know will see you again someday.

Someday, I will see your smiling face again, and I will hear your big, deep laugh again. I will feel your tight bear hug squeeze again. I know it.

Until then, we will wrap dadu in all the love and comfort that you provided for us for so many years n. We will continue to look at photos and remember the amazing times we had with you. We will talk to you and seek your guidance when we need it, and look for you in nature when we miss you terribly. We will keep your memory alive and never, ever forget you.

You were the most amazing grandfather I could have ever asked for. You adored each of us grandkids, no matter how old we were, where we lived or what we were doing with our lives. You loved each of us unconditionally, and without holding back.

We love you so much.

Hug your parents and your siblings up there, dadu  Say Hi to bhabhi 
I love you so much and I will miss you every day.

Until we meet again.💖

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to Grishma 10 years from now

This Time - This time you will never get back