My love Affair ! :P





I am having a love affair, and it’s been going on for a while now. I guess if I really think about it, it all started when I was a just a child.
I didn’t experience the ocean until I was ten years old, but I’ll never forget that first time. It was It was the summer of 1994, and I was headed to tithal this pretty beach near Valsad on the west coast of India  with my cousins, aunts and uncles. Upon arriving at the beach, I literally threw my bags at my aunt and headed straight to the beach  
The sun was just beginning to set. Reflections of shimmering gold and deep orange lit up my face and beamed into my eyes as I ran as fast as I could towards the ocean. I didn’t bother to strip my clothes off .
The instant my legs hit the water, I fell head first under a “big” not-so-blue wave. My entire body was immersed and instantly new sensations never experienced before washed over me. I felt as if I was being reborn; as if I was soaking in the place of my birth. All feelings of excitement, exhaustion, happiness, and rebellion lifted. I was vacant of thoughts, feelings and emotions. I was nothing more than one of the billions of atoms flying in the sky, a mere particular of existence in the sea of life. Surging out from the water, I inhaled and took a deep breath. Floating in what felt to be the essence of life, I fell in love. It was all-encompassing. Not only did I feel one hundred percent connected to the water, the sand, the golden sun, and all the animals of the sea, but for a split second I truly felt that everything in nature, living and non-living, was united within me through the energy of the ocean. It was in that moment my love affair with the ocean truly manifested from a dream to an actualized physical expression that keeps me coming back, time and time again. Everything about the ocean, from the salty crust that dries on your skin to the foamy bubbles that leave you floundering like a fish out of water and the oh-so-mysterious unknowns that swim beneath makes me weak in the knees and short of breath.
Even before I had ever seen the ocean in person, I knew I was falling deeply in love with it. I continue to travel to as many beach destinations as possible and I don’t want my love affair with the ocean to ever ever end!.
Singapore
Krabi, Phi Phi, Koh Samui Thailand
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Antalaya, Turkey
Dubai
Maldives
Vietnam
Barcelona, Spain
Casablanca, Morocco
Sri Lanka
Cancun, Mexico
California



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to Grishma 10 years from now

Dadu, my only love. Will miss you

This Time - This time you will never get back