Momaa , My rockstar Moma

Whatever I am today, whatever I have achieved...I owe to my mom. She has taught me well.

My mom is not the typical mom who would sit at home and while away time gossiping or watching TV, she writes plays , songs , poems and spends her time creatively.
She is the working-from-home-kind-of-mother ( writer by profession), faces the household chores. But she's cool. Mama is very intelligent. I admire her for what she knows and for being so cool about it. Ask her any question and she is always beaming with the right answer. (I wonder how she does that). She often challenges my values, my convictions - making sure that I keep the right values close to my heart always, and get rid of the things that destroy both the body, mind and spirit.

I remember watching her teach my younger sister ,the type who would never give up until she fully understands the prose and poetry to be discussed the next day. I know deep in my heart that without mom's dedication and knowledge, she wouldn’t have succeeded that much. My Mom is an engineer , not too many women in those days would take it up. She kept telling us that how she was the only girl in a all boys class and how all the boys had a crush on her. I mean who would do that. She let us out and see the world on our own without controlling us too much. She was clear about one thing ..i trust you …don’t break it. So we had all the fun in the world without lying to our parents like all the other girls.

When I started to grow up and became conscious of my physical "form,"my mom would always highlight what she thinks is good about me. I mean, she would always comment on how good I carry myself and the way I quickly warm up with people.
She has always been fair with me, likewise, telling me what and where to improve on. Always pushing me to read so I would improve on my vocabulary.

I remember telling her about the guys I meet and the guys that interests me? I would never get a "spanking" for that. As a matter of fact, she appreciates my honestly and openness and would always remind me to stay on the safe and clean side. She was diplomatic enough to push back on things that might lead to wrong decisions and makes me understand when she wants to drive home a point.

She will not say "NO" right to your face when asked about her opinion on a certain guy, but she will always tell you to think about things first, and not be swayed by emotions alone. The mind has always to take a big part of every decision that I make, and up to now, I still value and follow this advise.

The wisdom that my mom shares with me is simply priceless.
I remember sitting beside her on a light day, and tell her my life stories ( how things are and how things went) and sometimes I would expect a little spanking here and there, ( the usual " thats-what-you-deserve-kind" moms are so used to )But guess what I would hear? To quote my mom, she said, "well, sometimes people learn the hard way!" ( now, isn't that so heartwarming?)

Even at the point where she is getting weaker physically, she is still full of wisdom and full of energy and positivity. I have always enjoyed talking with her because there were always new things and revelations that I learn from her. Learning never stops when I am with mom. She is the best.

I love you because ...........

1.You are God's gift to me. From you, I learned everything that I needed to survive in this challenging world.
2.You taught me the real meaning of love (outside of emotions and beyond words) forgiveness, patience and grace..
3.You are a friend who took time to listen whether I had a happy or sad story to tell.
4.My teacher, my mentor: teaching me what really matters in this world
5.whenever I see fresh green plants & flowers I think of her. I love that the fragrance reminds me of my mom.
6.I love my mom’s enthusiasm for everything. She loves going out to plays, theatre, music concerts, gatherings of any kind, and great restaurants..
7.I love that my mom writes so well. I hope that she will write today about how grateful she is for the beautiful world that she has created and for her own vitality and zest and joy that she has passed on to so many others.
8.She has always been 100%, completely encouraging of me in everything I do. My mom has always told me that so long as I did my best at everything, that’d be enough for her. And, for my mother, my best has been enough; regardless of how it measures up in comparison with others.

I can only thank God for my mom because without her, I would not have been brought out into this world and enjoy the life I now enjoy.
I am grateful for every minute that I spend with her. I realized that while she watched me play and grow, her BEST YEARS SLIPPED AWAY. It was out of pure love and selflessness and sacrifice. I love you mama. You are the best. You will always be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to Grishma 10 years from now

Dadu, my only love. Will miss you

This Time - This time you will never get back